Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Posted by khalianicole on 6:04 PM 1 comment
Pin It

THE IDEA:

  • A simple spot remover using hand sanitizer

THE CLAIM:

  • Prep the stain by soaking the inked area with clear hand sanitizer for 10 minutes, then wash as usual.

THE RESULT:

  • SUCCESS! Well Kinda...


I tested 4 different types of pens: ball point, felt tip, gel, and a highlighter. This was definitely one of those pins that I anticipated getting unimpressive results with, but I was a bit suprised in the end.

I grabbed one of my Hub's old softball tourney tees (the ugliest one I could find! How'd I do??) and went to work marking it up. Since the pin was quite generalized saying simply " remove ink" I figured I'd go with all the kinds I had in my desk.
Next, I applied a liberal amount of hand sanitizer to each marking on the shirt... a VERY liberal amount. I wanted to make sure to get full coverage and make sure each spot was fully saturated. I left it on for 10 minutes exactly and washed as usual.
And here are the results!



As you can see the gel pen and highlighter marks were removed completely without a trace! The ball point and felt tip? Not so much! The felt tip was the least affected by the hand sanitzier, though the ball point was not far behind. So there you have it! Based on what type of ink is on your shirt this could really be considered a success OR a failure so you can decide how to grade this one!
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next review!


 

1 comments: